What to Expect
- Career Fair directory: listing the name of employers attending, booth numbers, and a floor map. We strongly recommend that you review employers attending before the fair so that you know which employers you would like to target.
- Job Seeker Registration: Required of everyone. There will be signs and greeters directing you to registration where you will receive a nametag.
- Need help? Ask anyone in a blue and white Penn State shirt wearing a Penn State name badge.
- Lots of other Job Seekers and potential lines to talk to employers: We recommend that you review the employers that will be attending prior to the fair and focus on your top five employers that you want to make contact with. Have a list of additional employers that you would like to meet with as well.
- "Apply online" - Many employers will also require you to upload your resume to their web site as part of their standard application process. This is not a brush-off! Recruiters also want to meet you face-to-face.
- Remember to ask for a business card or contact info. You will need this info to send your follow-up thank you message.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume to give to employers
- Last Minute Cancellations: Although it is not the norm, some employers will cancel at the last minute. Check with staff at registration for the cancellation list.